|Home Centre Activities Fingerprint Research Laboratories Training Publications Newsletter|
ACTIVITIES & SERVICES
• Analysis, grading, verification and certification of ornamental and precious materials whether they be gemstones, metals, enamels or tombstones
• Creation of an “ID card” for gemstones and other materials
• Consultation to organisations, goldsmiths, public and private institutions, collectors, insurers, legal bodies, notaries and banks
• Study and analysis of cultural heritage artefacts
• Gemmological and ornamental material training pathways from an amateur collector level up to training for professionals and higher education
• Production of educational and informational material
• Research and study activities
• Industrialization of research products and technology transfer
• Organization of techno-scientific exhibitions with the production of paper-based and web-based catalogues
• Techno-scientific photography
THE “ID CARD” OF GEMSTONES AND OTHER MATERIALS
The “ID Card” is a techno-scientific profile which allows for the recognition everywhere of a gemstone or ornamental material, thereby bestowing on the material its sense of uniqueness.
For example, the profile of a gemstone will report is origin, whether natural or synthetic, the mineralogical species or petrographical provenance, its commercial denomination along with any external characteristics necessary for its identification. In the case of a gemstone any potential interventional upgrading procedures will be reported along with diagrams of its internal characteristics , illustrated with micro-photography.
THE DIGITAL IMPRINT OF A GEMSTONE
The gemmological certificate can, on request, be completed with XR diffraction topography which provides the mapping of the characteristics of internal structures - the digital imprint unique to the gemstone – and a particular strength of ARCOGEM srl.
An identification service is also available to highlight harmful elements which may be present within gemstones, metals and ornamental stones.
ARCOGEM S.r.l. - Advanced Research and Characterization of Ornamental and GEmmological Materials - email@example.com